Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sleeping at the Drive-in

So I went to my first drive-in movie on Saturday and it was awesome!

For some reason the Grease song kept playing over and over in my head…

“Stranded at the drive-in, branded a fool.
What will they say, Monday at school.”

I could practically see John Travolta with his skin-tight black pants and bouffant hair (wait, Sandy wore the same thing… hmmm) swinging and singing with the giant movie screen as the backdrop.

“Oh Sandy! Baby, someday when high-yi-yayi school is done…”

(um, so yeah, maybe there is some substance to the allegations of late... just sayin')

But as with just about any other movie, I fell asleep.  It doesn’t matter what time of day or night, movie theater, at home, or sitting in a fold-up camping chair at a drive-in – I fall asleep. Every. Damn. Time.  Even if it is a movie I have been dying to see!

Granted, Battleship wasn’t the best flick, but it was loud enough to wake the dead!  But apparently not loud enough to keep me awake. 

Yes, I have a pulse.  I checked.

I’m thinking this is some sort of disorder perhaps?  Maybe some form of narcolepsy – like, I don’t know, cinimatogolepsy. I know I can’t be the only person in the world to suffer from this disorder.  Question is: how do you cure it?!

Massage therapy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment