Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Items in a Working Mom’s Purse (your welcome, market analysts!)

As I was rummaging through my purse this morning to make sure I had my cell phone, I noticed that some of the items in my purse were kinda random.

When I started pulling things out I thought, Man... this would make an awesome blog post!  And so the post was born!

Let’s begin with a photo of my purse.

I’ve had this puppy for nearly four years now, have carried it every day and the damn thing only cost me $15 bucks!  I swear, this thing has been through HELL and still looks great!  {is a purse truly a reflection of its owner?  Interesting!}

Ok, sneak peek inside the purse now.

You will notice that not too many items are visible.  This is because my purse is like a bottomless pit!  Which makes it extremely hard to find things.  Sometimes I am half tempted to take a Prozac before I attempt to find anything in this damn thing!  The most frustrating item to find is my phone.  The inside of the purse is black, and if my phone is screen up, I will miss it 90% of the time. 

I don’t know about you, but when I can’t find my phone I have a mini panic attack.

Let’s proceed.

I decided to pull out the most interesting items in my purse.  Let’s face it, ladies… we all have tampons, chapstick, lip gloss and at least two koozies {What?  You don’t carry koozies with you?  You never know when the clock might hit Beer:30.  A lady must be prepared!}


Ok, I’ve numbered each item to make this a little easier.

  1. Gum, 'cause ain’t nothing worse than hot garbage breath.
  2. Thirteen cents, and…  I got nothing.
  3. Three pens and one Princess pencil. Gotta have a Princess pencil!
  4. Vera Bradley checkbook and ID holder.  O.M.G., like, so cute, right?!
  5. Random name badge from a work event that was like, two months ago.
  6. Clinique Happy perfume. It’s a staple.
  7. Flip camera mini-tripods... these are great and come in handy! {mind out of the gutter, ladies}
  8. Lice Comb from the Texas Lice Squad – ‘cause you never know when you might have to whip that baby out to put it on some creepy crawlers!
  9. Toy blow dryer, yeah… nothing.
  10. Carl Long autographed baseball cards.  Yeah, I don’t know who he is, either.
  11. Bidness cards "How you expect to run a sussessful bidness widout no Schlitz Malt Liquor!  {It’s from a movie}
  12. Watch.  They're overrated.
  13. Foldable flats for walking to and from the office – very attractive… NOT!
  14. Princess memo pad – this is what I typically use to take notes during meetings, along with my Princess pencil, of course.
  15. Measuring spoon from Chuy’s – it was a mother’s day gift.  It says on it “Can’t Measure a Mom’s Love”…GAG ME!  Let’s be a little more creative and less stereotypical with our promo items, people!  How about a jumbo wine glass and some bath salts {preferably not the kind that would compel me to eat my husband’s face off}.
  16. Cuticle pusher backer.  Not sure of the technical name.
  17. Softlips chap stick – love the way it smells!
  18. Passion Flower Potpourri from Bed Bath & Beyond. This stuff smells amazing ladies!  You can put them in your car, panties drawer, your man’s sock drawer, in the closet and just about anywhere else you want to smell passiony!  {no, it’s not recommended for internal use}.
  19. My daughter’s softball belt.  I remember when I was that size.  Sigh.
  20. Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer,’case a bum try to touch me, eww! {it’s from a song}

There is one thing missing that I would never leave home without….  DEODORANT!  Don’t need to carry that around with me anymore!  See Oh no she di’int!: BO {follow-up}.

And there you have it!  So maybe not as random as I thought, but interesting nonetheless.

What are the most random items in your purse?

4 comments:

  1. This totally makes me want to do a what's in my purse post! LOVE IT! Especially the lice comb...I am totally coming to you if I ever have lice lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And yes, if you ever have the creepy crawlers, I'll hook you up!

      Delete
  2. OMG, you crack me up! I'm definitely a new follower. Found you from your guest post over on Creatively Classy. Loved the story!
    Jen
    www.craftymisadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Just getting my bloggy legs about me... it should only get better from here, right!

      Delete